Yoga for Belly Fat
5 yoga asanas to lose belly fat and tone the tummy
Cobra medicine (Bhujang posture)
This position helps strengthen the abdominal muscles to reduce belly fat. It will also help strengthen the upper body by creating a strong and flexible spine. To do this situation:
- Lie on your stomach with your legs straight and place the palms of your hands under your shoulders.
- Chin and toes should touch the ground.
- Inhale slowly and lift your chest as you lean back.
- Stay in this position for 15 to 30 seconds depending on your strength.
- Slowly exhale and return your body to its original position.
- Repeat 5 times with a rest time of 15 seconds between each pose.
- If you are pregnant, have an ulceration, hernia or back injury, do not try this position!
Position of the ark (Dhanurasana)
This position will strengthen your core and tighten your abs to help reduce belly fat.
Going back and forth in this position stimulates the digestive system and helps fight constipation by allowing the body to stretch. To do this situation:
- Lie on your stomach with your legs extended and your arms at the sides of your body.
- Bend your knees and bring your arms behind your ankles or feet, grabbing and holding them.
- As you breathe in, lift your head, then lean back, lifting your legs as high as possible.
- Try to stay in this position for 15 to 30 seconds and continue to breathe normally.
- Begin to exhale and return to the starting position with your legs extended and your arms at your sides.
- Repeat at least 5 times with a 15 second rest time between each pose.
Position of the boat (Naukasan)
This pose will help reduce the fat around your waist by strengthening the muscles in your legs and back. To do this situation:
- Lie on your back with your feet together, but your arms at your sides.
- Inhale and start to stand up keeping your legs straight.
- Spread your toes and raise your legs as high as possible without bending your knees.
- Raise your arms to reach your toes and form a 45 degree angle with your body.
- Continue to breathe normally and stay in this position for 15 seconds.
- Go and go.
- Repeat this pose 5 times with a relaxation time of 15 seconds between each pose.
Position of the axis (Kumbhakasana)
It is an easy pose to achieve. It burns belly fat as well as tones and strengthens the shoulders, arms, back, thighs and buttocks. To do this situation:
- Start by connecting your hands and knees to your arms and shoulders.
- Bend your toes and bring your feet back slightly to extend your legs behind your body.
- Inhale, looking at the front of your palms, so that your neck and spine remain aligned.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles and hold the position.
- The body should form a straight line. Make sure your hands are on the floor and your fingers are apart.
- Hold for 15 to 30 seconds or as long as you can.
- Exhale and drop your knees.
- Repeat this pose five times with a 15 second rest time between each pose.
- Do not attempt this position if you have high blood pressure, any type of pain or pain in the shoulder or back injury!
Pawan Mudra (Pawanmuktasana)
This pose can help relieve back pain while toning your abs, thighs, and hips. It is also helpful in balancing the pH level in the body, improving metabolism, and supporting gut health. To do this situation:
- Lie on your back with your legs straight and your arms at your sides.
- The legs should be straight and touch the heels.
- As you breathe out, bend your knees and slowly bring them back to your chest.
- Apply gentle pressure to the abdomen with your thighs.
- Press your hands under your thighs to keep your knees in place.
- In this position, breathe deeply for 60 to 90 seconds.
- As you breathe out, drop your knees and bring your hands to the sides of your body.
- Repeat this pose 5 times with at least 15 seconds of rest time between each pose.
The abdomen is an essential muscle for yoga as it supports the spine. That is why most yoga postures are based on abdominal work.
The following 5 yoga postures, which are very easy to do, will help you to have a strong stomach, reach a suitable weight and burn belly fat.
Staff position on the ground (or Chaturanga Dandasana)
stick position on the ground
Lie on the floor with your hands at chest height, rest your palms on the floor. Next, stand up with your arms extended, keeping your back straight and your abs contracted.
Support your body weight with your toes and hold this pose for about 2 minutes. Repeat 5 to 10 times.
Board with elbow
This pose is similar to the previous one, but this time you have to support yourself with your elbows. Try contracting your abs to keep your shoulders and back straight.
Draw a straight line from feet to head. Stay in this position for about 2 minutes.
boat position (or perfect navasana)
Contract your abdominals, keeping your back straight and raising your legs until you form a “V” with your body.