I’ve debated whether to write a ‘New Year’ post or not. I get a bit sick of seeing all those “New Year New me” status’ on Facebook but I do like the ones that reflect on the year – especially the positive aspects. My own personal opinion is that there is no point on dwelling on the negatives, especially at this time of year. We might as well just look forward and hope (or pray if it’s your thing) that the new year will have plenty of highs for us all.
I feel a little ‘blah’ about this new year. The complete opposite from last new year when I felt sad that the year was ending because so much amazing stuff had happened. Don’t get me wrong this year hasn’t been sh*t, but it’s not been life changing like 2013 (getting married) or 2014 (having a baby).
For my family and friends I’m glad that 2015 is over as some of them have had it really tough, losing loved ones and dealing with illness but what 2015 has taught me is that my friends and family are tough, they are strong, they are amazing. I admire them and how they deal with the challenges in their lives. For them, I hope that 2016 is a better, more positive year for them.
So what about the Roversi’s? Well if 2016 is anything like 2015 I’ll be happy and it will be enjoyable. We have some exciting things to look forward to: a trip to Australia to see a longstanding and lovely friend plus her hubby and gorgeous two children and my baby boy turning two (not sure if this’ll be exciting or ‘terrible’ as the two’s suggest) are just a couple of them.
What are my hopes/aims for the new year?
- I hope that that we will all be happy and healthy.
- I hope that I continue to be able to spend precious time with the important people in my life.
- I hope that I will be able to handle my son growing up into a fully fledged toddler and the tantrums that come with it!
- I would like to learn a new skill, I’m not sure what yet, something that feeds my creative side like blogging does.
- I am aiming for at least one family holiday (Australia planned for the summer – watch this space!). Maybe we’ll fit in a staycation too if finances allow.
- I want to create a lovely new bedroom for Mini Roversi – I’ve already got a Pinterest board going for inspiration!
2015 has been the year that Educating Roversi began. I hope I can continue to develop it and find my voice over 2016. Thank you to everyone who has supported it by sharing, liking, following and commenting. It really is appreciated.
Hope you have a lovely New years Eve, whatever you do, and best wishes for 2016.
Lots of Love,Becky xxx
Ps Anyone think of this classic friends moment when it’s new year? Hee hee!