Reflecting back on my five point plan for Summer in light of returning to work on Monday and it’s fair to say that I have been fairly successful with the majority.
1) Move house and get settled in: If you’re a regular reader of my blog you will know that this has been quite successful. We are moved in, everything has a place and plans for being made for decorating, particularly the master bedroom and en suite before Christmas. I love our house. I love the space, how homely it already feels and how settled Mini R seems to be. He loves being in the garden and we regularly visit the park near us where his walking and climbing skills are developing nicely.
2) Mark a class set of GCSE essays: Something I wish I’d started earlier! About three weeks in I started doing an essay while Mini R napped in the afternoon however my concentration span is that of a fly and I’ve only managed four. I’ve made a plan today to do two a day this week so I don’t have more to do when I’m back at work and so far that plan is going well. I would not let myself pick up my laptop to blog until I’d done them! So the aim of not “having to mark all 22 the week before I go back to work” has definitely failed. On a positive note, there is less than 22 as I originally thought.
3) Get back into Slimming World: check! This is my fourth week back at group. The first week was excellent and since then life has got in the way a little but like my consultant said “Imagine how much more weight you would have put on if you hadn’t rejoined when I did.” which I keep reminding myself of. My target in Christmas. I want to be under target by then so I can enjoy Christmas, then we have a wedding to go to in April which I want to stay at target for, plus a holiday to Australia in August. Lots of reason to stay slim but spread out so not a lot of pressure. Slow and steady and all that.
4) Spend some quality family time doing fun things: in the one week my hubby had off we managed to do this and on his days off we have continued to have days out and do fun things. On back holiday weekend we went with my best friend and her fella to Scarborough which was great. We want to continue doing fun things and making the most of Sundays which are our days off as a family.
5) Continue to develop my blog: I’m enjoying blogging and I do feel that my Facebook and twitter following as increased and I have built online “friendships” with other bloggers which is great for the development for my blog. Over the last week or so my posts haven’t been as frequent, nor have my link ups but I’m hoping I can get organised and get some ready that can be scheduled. I’ve also changed the design and layout of my blog. I hope it’s simple and easy to navigate! Please let me know if it’s not.
So as the new school year begins, the first I will complete in two school years, I am thinking about what I want to achieve this year and how my life is going to change and evolve….but that’s a topic for another post!